Tuesday, July 10, 2007

The Five Hour Baby Sweater

This pattern has been widely distributed on the Internet and there are many with modifications. This is one of them. I used this pattern.

Of course, I began knitting this on the hottest day of the year--the forecast is for a high of 102 degrees-- and it's made of wool. No matter. It's a small piece. I'm using size 10 straight knitting needles.

Because I'm using wool--a hank of homespun I bought at the Farmer's Market in Portland a couple of months ago-- and it's sized for a newborn, it'll be donated to the Pine Ridge Reservation.

Many people have written that it's taken them longer than five hours to knit it so I'm keeping track. I completed what's shown in the photo in 1 1/2 hours. Well, we'll see.

This is the yoke of the sweater. The markers define the two sleeves, the back, and the two fronts.