Monday, July 20, 2009

Mitten Monday


I've finished the first pair of mittens for Mittnz 2009. I'd posted about this several months ago, but as I delayed my start I'm now dedicating Mondays to knitting mittens.

In EZ's Knitter's Almanac, she writes:

It is better not to make mittens in a hurry. When snow flies and small frozen hands beg for warmth (sob), the actual knitting tends to be perfunctory and possibly scamped; one economies on the number of stitches; one does not make the cuffs sufficiently long. The main object then is to turn out scads of mittens to appease the demand, and the enjoyment of production is not what it might be.
(page 53)

Now, true, she did write this for the month of May and it is now mid-July with a mid-September deadline and yet still I'm certain I can knit nine pairs of mittens in that time and do them well.

The pattern I'm using can be found here. I'm using Lamb's Pride Worsted Weight and size 3 and 7 dpns and I'm not scrimping on the cuffs either.

No comments: