Friday, June 20, 2014

Black Sheep Gathering

This is the first year I've gone to the Black Sheep Gathering although I've lived in the area from before its beginning.  I didn't go to buy yarn.  My goal this summer is to use up as much of my yarn stash as possible after all. I did, however, pick up business cards with the idea of purchasing some later.

I'm going to have fun this week visiting a  lot of websites!


There were several teams in the Sheep to Shawl competition.  Wouldn't it be fun to learn  how to use a spinning wheel and a loom? First of all ,though, I'd have to talk my husband into the idea.














There was lots and lots of beautiful yarn and yarn petting was encouraged.   I tried not to drool.







There was a variety of items made from wool from classics to whimsical.




I enjoyed the sheep show especially. I really do love sheep.


 When we lived in the country, a few miles from where we live now, we had a small herd of them.   We had almost eight acres and much of it was grass and the sheep kept it "mowed" for us. There were both sheep and goats at the gathering.








Many workshops were offered, including learning dozens of ways to cast on, Russian style continental knitting, and how to shear sheep.  And there were workshops  on Latvian fingerless mitts and Aran cardigans from the top down, both taught  by Beth Brown-Reinsel.  To die for!   Here is a link to her website. 

Oh, yes! I'll be back next year!


No comments: