Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Lambsheep Mittens

I posted this on my Knitting Only Mittens blog in January, 2012.

Do you see that little boy second from the left?  That's Hugh. He's with his brothers Owen, Jack, and Gavin. And do you see what's on Hugh's hands? Socks! Yes, this poor little guy is wearing socks, not mittens or gloves! Oh, the shame!

They're all grown now, but a few years after this photo was taken, to make it up to him, I knit him these mittens.  I've also called them Sheepie mittens and Little Lamb mittens.  The pattern can be found in Homespun, Handknit: Caps,Socks,Mittens & Gloves, edited by Linda Ligon. I love how the thumb and little finger make the ears, don't you?
************************************************
I realized I had the wool to make more of them. Can you imagine just how old that wool must be?  Here's the first pair.

I listened to Münster's Case by Håkan Nesser as I knit these mittens.

No comments: