Sunday, May 4, 2014

Stitch Pattern Book

There are websites online which show how to convert flat knitting to circular knitting like this one here.   And I can certainly use stitch patterns found in patterns for items like socks and mittens.  Two good suggestions I've had are to use the stitch patterns  in Charlene Schurch's sock books-- Sensational Knitted Socks  and More Sensational Knitted Socks.  I'll be getting copies of these books from  my library next week.

What I'd really like is a dictionary for circular knit patterns.  I heard there's one being published this month Up, Down, All Around Stitch Dictionary: More than 150 Stitch Patterns to Knit Top Down, Bottom Up, Back and Forth, and in the Round by Wendy Bernard  which  is a start. I've asked my library to purchase a copy and I hope that they do.



1 comment:

Juliann in WA said...

Thanks for the circular knitting stich pattern link